Thursday, April 15, 2010

Busy-ness

Why no updates in such a long time?
This is why:
See those calendar entries? That's my April. Crazy, huh? Add to that my full time day job and my Sat quilt shop job, and I'm buzzzzyyy.
I finished the Lady Bug Hug quilt top a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to see it quilted. It's a shop sample for Tammy Tadd Designs. I'll see it all done for the first time tonight at the Rosemont quilt show. The most talented Nan at TTD quilted it. Can't wait!
The pattern and fabric are designed by Quilt Soup. Both are ridiculously cute and happy.
Look at those ladybugs!!! Could they be any cuter?
And that darling ladybug face. Too freaking cute! The only problem is that it's black thread on black fabric, so you can't see if very well. I think I'd do grey or something that shows up better the next time around.
Last weekend I had my quilt retreat at the Evergreen Retreat in Janesville. Remember my post about my first visit back in January in order to see if it would be a good fit for us? Well, it certainly was!!!
I think I would not be remiss in saying that we all had a fantastic time!
We ate, we drank, we sewed and we ate some more until the wee hours of the morning (Jennie and I went to bed at 5am Sat night/ Sun morning). The beds were comfy as all get out, and Kathy, the owner, literally thought of everything to make a quilter's stay fantastic!
Here's a few photos from our weekend, check out Jennie's blog for more about the fun.
What do you get when you cross the gorgeous Lantern Bloom fabric line by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller fabrics:
with some fabulous solidy types of batiks and what nots:
Then add the Slide Show Pattern by extremely talented Terry Atkinson:
Aren't they amazing? I'm in love. The photos don't even do it justice! Now I just have to figure out how to quilt it.
Pattie made these fabulous baskets:
Carol finished up the last 4 or 5 borders on this beauty. I totally give her credit. I would have lost interest a loooonnnngg time ago on this quilt. But that Carol, she's a perseverer.
DiscoJen finished 2 quilt tops, 500 bags and God only knows what else. I can't keep track. I feel like I get nothing done campared to her and Jennie. Jennie actually said "I'm so glad I brought this extra quilt with to make, I wasn't going to, but I finished everything else, so it's good I did!" Me, I  brought 4 projects and only finished one, and that was by the hair of my teeth!
Here's what you can do with your scraps from your fabric and bag handles that you shorten, as modeled by DiscoJen:
Well, it's off to Rosemont for the last quilt show in Chicago. I'm so bummed. It's a yearly tradition for DiscoJen and I to go every year and have lunch at the Sofitel. We are so upset that it's moving to Cincinnati next year thanks to the ridiculous fees for the venue and the obscene sales tax in Rosemont. 

No comments: