Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crazy sewing

I've been uber inspired to sew the last couple of weeks. Here's what I finished last week:
This is the Joy of Sacks pattern by Tammy Tadd, made out of Moda's tooled leather look vinyl and Studio E's 'Urban Angel' line.
I made another of my Taddle Table Runner and embroidered wool candy hearts and appliqued them to the middle of the runner.


I also made a quilted pillow out of the brown linen fabric that I designed and screenprinted over the summer. This was a gift for one of my bosses. I think it turned out really well, especially since I've never made cording before. I did break down and buy a cording foot for my machine. It really made it easier to get in close to the cording.
I also made two Girly Girl purses in the pink from the Deb Strain 'Sent with Love' fabric and Micheal Miller's zebra and another with the tooled leather vinyl.  I added the buttons with ribbons cris-crossed over it. I thought it was a little plain with out anything so I sat there and stared at it for a while and the fabric covered buttons popped into my head.
This is giant ric rac that I braided together and stitched down.

I think the tooled leather purse needs a little something up top, so I have a wool felt flower pin in mind for it.
I have to say that the vinyl was not easy to work with, but I think I've got it figured out now. You can't pin it because the holes stay permanently. I had to use some clippy things to hold it together as I sewed.

No comments: