Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Kind of like Hemingway's cats

Have you ever heard the answer Hemingway gave when asked why he had so many cats?
"One cat just leads to another." He replied.

Well, this is what the internet is like. I get the Apartment Therapy emails, which feature cool products. Today's 'daily find' was a great handmade ceramic measuring cup-like vase that was apparently in Martha Stewart Living recently. (Note to self, check previous issues of Martha more closely.)
So I clicked on it and found out it is from a fabulous new store by those amazing people at Antropology and Urban Outfitters.  (A job at their headquarters would be my dream job. Not only is the campus way cool, and you get to work with/in fabulous design all day everyday, but you get to bring your dog to work!!!)

The store is called Terrain. It's in Pennsylvania. I'm glad it's not anywhere near Chicago because I would probably be there all the time, drooling over fabulous garden and home things that I can't afford. Then I would be depressed, because the stuff is so cool, and I couldn't afford it, so it's better that it's far away from me.
I totally love these planters:

Who doesn't love a classic fountain?
This one would be more pratical for me though since my dogs use our current fountain as their personal water bowl.
Ah, but this one is my favorite. It's called the 'Bonsai Fountain.'  It doesn't look like a fountain, but the description assures me that it is indeed a fountain.
Oooo, and then there's this:

A saddle stone! I love these things. Stupid, I know, but I can't help it. I just love how they look in the garden. They were used in the UK as supports for buildings in order to keep critters out of grain and what not.

There was also a link to some flickr photos of the actual store, which led to the OhJoy blog, which led to the new tiles from Dwell for Heath Ceramics which then led me to tell you all about all of it! See how that worked?
These tiles are totally a quilter's dream in ceramic. Check these babies out! It's a quilt, but in tile, and not tacky! That's the best part. I'm rather persnickety about tacky tile.

 

I need to tile something in this:
I don't know what just yet, but I'm sure I can find something that needs to be tiled.

I also found The Bicycle Muse on the OhJoy blog. Check these helmut hat covers out!

Yes they are hats for your helmut. I'm completely amused by them.

See what I mean? One thing just leads to another!

I'll leave you with another Hemingway quote that I enjoy:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach to you keep your mouth shut."
Words to live by.

PS - don't for get about the stash sale the first weekend of August!!! *see July 26th post.

1 comment:

your sis said...

Hey! That's my kitty.